The Rookie Trophy saw Victory go to Leonardo Lorandi, ahead of series debutants Olli Caldwell and Andreas Estner In stifling heat (around 36 degrees air temperature), Race 1 of the Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth got underway under clear skies. The battle for first was decided at the first turn, when the Guatemalan Ian Rodriguez (DRZ Benelli) passed firstly the New Zealander Marcus Armstrong (Prema Power Team) and then the Russian Artem Petrov (DR Formula), immediately putting a margin between himself and his pursuers. A great battle then developed between Petrov (who finished third) and Armstrong (who was second at the chequered flag). The New Zealander passed the Russian Ė on lap 12 Ė with a manoeuvre started on the outside and completed on the inside line of the following corner.
- In fourth place was the Brazilian Felipe Drugovich (Van Amersfort Racing) ahead of the Dutch driver Job Van Uitert (Jenzer Motorsport) and the first of the Rookies, the Italian Leonardo Lorandi (Bhaitech). For the last of these drivers there was a nervous moment after contact on lap 6 after with Aldo Festante (DR Formula). Seventh place for Jenzer Motorsportís Indian driver Kush Maini, with the top ten rounded out by Diego Bertonelli (ADM Motorsport), the Dutchman Leonard Hogenboom (Cram Motorsport) and the Swiss driver Giacomo Bianchi (Jenzer Motorsport).
- In the Rookie Trophy, joining the aforementioned winner Lorandi on the podium was the Brit Olli Caldwell (BWT Mucke Motorsport) and the German Andreas Estner of ADM Motorsport: both debutants in the Italian F4 Championship powered by Abarth here at Vallelunga.
- Also running a great race was the German Sophia Floersch, who had the bad luck to be pushed wide, whilst attacking Artem Petrov for third position, exactly at the point of the circuit in which the ripple strips are highest which in turn damaged her right front suspension.
- Tomorrow, Sunday June 25, at 9:00 and 16:00 will be races 2 and 3, both over a distance of 28 minutes + 1 lap.
- It is worth noting that points will be awarded for the Driverís Championship, Rookie Trophy (for Series Debutants), the Womenís Trophy and the Teamís Championship.
- Also tomorrow, it will be possible to watch the races Live on Sportitalia (Channel 60 and Sky Channel 225) and streamed directly on www.f4championship.com, and also on the official app of WSK Promotion.