The circuit in Tuscany will host – from Friday the 14th to Sunday the 16th of July – the fourth round of the season. 23 drivers were on track with the fastest being Lorenzo Colombo (Bhaitech)
8 hours were available – from 9:00 to 13:00 and then from 14:00 to 18:00 – to find the best set-up for the singleseaters. 23 drivers took to the track on Wednesday July 12, for the first official test (the second will take place at Imola on August 30), two days prior to the fourth round of the Italian F4 Championship powered by Abarth getting underway.
- The fastest during the day was the Italian Lorenzo Colombo (Bhaitech), with a time of 1:47.174. He was followed – by just .158 of a second – by the Russian Artem Petrov (DR Formula) with a 1:47.332. Just a fraction behind in third was the championship leader, the New Zealander Marcus Armstrong (Prema Power Team) with a 1:47.376. Fourth, the Estonian Juri Vips (Prema Power Team) 1:47.382, who was already fastest on this circuit last year, with a slight margin to the German Lirim Zendeli (BWT Muecke Motorsport): with a 1:47.688. From sixth through to 10th place were the American Juan Manuel Correa (Prema Power Team), the Venezuelan Sebastian Fernandez (Bhaitech), the Dutchman Job Van Uitert (Jenzer Motorsport), the Guatemalan Ian Rodriguez (DRZ Benelli) and the leader of the Rookie Trophy, the Italian Leonardo Lorandi (Bhaitech).
- Even closer times in the morning session, with the top 15 drivers within a second. The fastest was Job Van Uitert with a 1:47.576. Behind him, Artem Petrov with 1:47.597 and Juri Vips with 1:47.647. Fourth Leonardo Lorandi, followed by Marcus Armstrong. The top ten were Kush Maini (Jenzer Motorsport), Aldo Festante (DR Formula), Juan Manuel Correa, Vallelunga race winner Ian Rodriguez and Sebastian Fernandez.
- For a more detailed analysis of the times it is interesting to note that the fastest driver of the day - Lorenzo Colombo - managed to record a virtually perfect lap: 1:47.174, compared to a theoretical best lap of 1:47.162. For Juri Vips the margin was: 1:47.382 vs 1:47.251. Best lap and theoretical best lap, however, for Marcus Armstrong the champion leader.
- The fast curves and the long straights of Mugello also saw top speeds of 245.4km/h for Van Uitert (helped by getting a slipstream), 237.3 km/h for Gastone Sampieri (BVM Racing) and 234.2 for Leonardo Lorandi.
- As mentioned above, the Italian F4 Championship powered by Abarth will light up in less than 48 hours for the first free practice session