On the podium are Job Van Uitert and Leonardo Lorandi, who was also first in the Rookie Trophy, ahead of Giorgio Carrara and Felipe Branquinho
At Monza, Race 2 of the Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth started behind the Safety Car, due to cloudy and foggy conditions and a damp track. All drivers started the race on rain tyres and on the third lap, when the race went green, the Russian Petrov (DR Formula) immediately got by the Italian Lorenzo Colombo (Bhaitech), and took command of the race, going on to win with an advantage of more than 12 seconds, despite incurring a 5 second penalty for cutting one of the chicanes. In second place was the fighting Dutchman Van Uitert (Jenzer Motorsport), who started from pitlane due to his fire extinguisher being replaced at the last moment. His recovery even more commendable given that he also suffered a spin on the 9th lap. Third place on the podium for the Italian Lorandi (Bhaitech), who started in 8th. Fourth for the New Zealander, the newly crowned champion Marcus Armstrong (Prema Power Team), who drove a great race after he started from the back of the grid. Rounding out the top five the Venezuelan Sebastian Fernandez (Bhaitech), ahead of his team mate Colombo.
- From seventh through to tenth place were the Jenzer Motorsport driver in this order: the Indian Kush Maini, Italian Federico Malvestiti, Argentine Giorgio Carrara and the Swiss driver Giacomo Bianchi.
- Lorandi won, as he did yesterday, the Rookie Trophy, ahead of Carrara and the Brasilian Felipe Branquinho (DR Formula).
- This afternoon at 16:10 Race 3 will get underway.
- It is worth noting that points will be awarded for the Driver’s Championship, Rookie Trophy (for Series Debutants), the Women’s Trophy and the Team’s Championship.
- The Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth races with Pirelli tyres and uses Magigas fuel.
- Also this afternoon, it will be possible to watch Race 3 live on Sportitalia (Channel 60 and Sky Channel 225), and streamed directly on www.f4championship.com, and also on the official app of WSK Promotion